Thursday, January 14, 2010

Flamingos & Sewing

On Monday I came home to these in the front yard.


They are part of a fundraiser for the youth group at church. They are going to the Dominican Republic in February. When the flamingos arrive in your yard, you pay to have them remove and then you get the pleasure of choosing who they go to next. So thank you Beth & Matt, we enjoyed them, but are glad they are gone.

They are pretty cute though.

While Kevan is gone working, I have been finding ways to occupy my time. I have always loved sewing and have made several quilts and bags. I had never tried making clothes though, just always altering ones I bought. I thought I would give it a shot since I have plenty of time on my hands.
I tried a dress because, it didn't require a zipper or buttons. Hopefully I will learn to do those soon so that I can do more styles. My presser foot died in the middle of my project, so a special thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law who let me borrow her machine. Thanks Janice!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

3 comments: